Sunday 1 September 2024

2300AD Bayern Progress

 There's an old tradition in 3D modelling making. Tackle the hard bit first! In the beginning, you have the most enthusiasm and attention. It's the best time to get snags out of the way.

I pondered what bit is the hardest. I wanted to have the spin habitat rings supported and circular trusses, not super complex designs, more a chore with Blender's less-than-stellar array tools. Chores away!

Spin Habs!
My initial attempts weren't good enough- seen in the first wheel. I made a copy of the ring, lifted it from the model area and built a triangle-sectioned Truss. Precisely what I had in mind!

Fuel Tanks
I'd put the initial geo-ball tanks in place. It was time to add some details. Then, I added a cage and a cryogenic core, deleted all but one of the fuel tanks, built assembly pipes onto it, and copied it around.

Fair Progress!

I had mistaken the protruding ports for the ring access arms located outside the ring. Then I realized that these ports dropped down into the externally mounted lifeboats. Doh! The arms moved into the centre of the ring and incorporated into the truss.

Lifeboats. Distractingly orange!

Lifeboat ports built. Temporary lifeboats added.

Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...