Monday 2 September 2024

Whoosh! There goes my deadline

 The weekend mini-project has yet to end. I worked until very late to complete the build, but it wouldn't have been completed very well if I had staggered into sleep deprivation.

So, the efforts have continued through today. The boys return to school tomorrow, so my efforts to find a paying job must take up more of my time. For now, I'll get the build completed. There's a huge amount to do:


1) Primary build of the Bayern itself
2) The life pods and cryo-pod ships that are mounted on the spin habitats
3) The externally mounted survey ship
4) Space planes and subvehicles.
5) Eventually, texturing and lighting...
6) A kick-ass animation to reveal the model to the community... Well maybe...

It's kitbash-O-clock!
I reached a point where I wanted to call upon some dense modelling elements. I'm not one for using a lot of Kitbash stuff, but I was sure there were earlier modelling efforts that I'd done that were a good fit. So in I dove!

Engine blocks and the life support and stockfeeder conduit. 




At this point, I'm heading for a second round of clean-up. There are lots of elements I'm not entirely happy about. It's often best to soldier on while making progress, then return and fix stuff later. Still, I'm pretty happy with the build so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...