Wednesday 25 September 2024

Rigging burnout

 I'm taking a break from failing at rigging. I could feel my confidence and enthusiasm melt whenever my attempt to build a simple rig ended messily. I've got something fundamentally wrong and baked it into my practice without realising it.

I need to start from scratch with a fresh head, make more notes, and do more troubleshooting and error searches to get to the bottom of the problem. It could also be that my rig requirements are quirky and actually more difficult than they look.

I'll return to the container vessel soon.

I played with True-Terrain 5. It's a lot of fun, but I still need to learn how to use it properly. I started to think about writing a guide—initially to build my understanding, but maybe it could be something I could share or even become commercial. First, I'd need to write and polish a chapter or two.

Terrain! 

Base scene




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...