Friday 20 September 2024

Anton done (enough) and something new...

 I got the support ship completed sufficiently. It only needs to be docked with the Bayern for a poster image.

I'd polish a bit more if I intended to animate, but this is enough for now.

ISV-5 Anton Dohrn

Anton Docked with Bayern.

I had some right pain with this. I'd lost my fuel ball rebuild, so I had to do it again. I have floating model parts that disconnect from their actual location. This is sometimes caused by a displacement that moves the mesh during rendering, but I couldn't see where it was applied or why.


Something different.

I bought a new product, Character Creator 4. It creates 3D characters for animation. I want better characters in my scene, and this seems like a good start. Although the range of available characters is large, they are super-expensive, so I might end up sticking with the default characters.

Susan!

This is a good start! Installed Character Creator 4. Installed an auto-setup plugin and a Blender workflow plugin. Loaded one of the default characters into CC4. Clicked on the Load into Blender button -- Boom! Blender opens and the character is loaded in, all ready to render.

Susan watches  the True-Sky sun

Pretty good quality

I need more clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...