Thursday 12 September 2024

On to the next thing, and back...

 Having rested on my laurels for several days, it's time to report in.

The animation was incredibly well received by the 2300AD community. It has inspired me to do more in that brilliant universe. But right now, I want to get some Orbital Elements stuff done. To that end, the first effort will be a brief animation of a Luna facility. It combines space and terrains: Love Squared!

Crash land


I created some more Luna terrains in World Creator. I even set one off on a 3-second animation while grocery shopping. It crashed out before completing. Because it was just a quick test, I'd set it to chug out an animation file rather than individual frames, so I have no idea how far it got before crashing to the desktop.

Less ledges, more crater

Lovely ledges

Testing out for scale

If I use this terrain, I need to decide on the size of the facility and how big the terrain will be. This looks about right. However, it does mean that the terrain is too small to establish the surroundings. It might be a bit tight. The animation could be a camera crane's upward motion. Something simple.


And back


I need to complete a companion starship for the Bayern Project. It won't take long, and it would be better to get the promised poster done quickly, which is held up because I need this extra ship to complete it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...