Thursday 5 September 2024

Answer: We are not finished

 I intended to take today off the project, but in the afternoon, I found myself itching to make some improvements. I rebuilt the forward section, mainly by tightening up the rather desperate compartments and providing slightly better blending.

Starting point

More hull elements have dedicated materials, mainly applied per-face. 

I intend to create some decals for critical areas. I'll add a ship's name badge too.


Unified the ring superstructure using the yellow painted metal.

More progress tomorrow!


In other news


The space theme continues with the release of Physical Celestial Objects (PCO) the Blender add-on for creating realistic planets. I bought it when it was made available as an alpha release back in October 2022. See here.

PCO v1.0 Nice!
The add-on has been rewritten. The UI looks cleaner. I'll need to play around with it before I make a final judgement, but it looks great so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...