Thursday 26 September 2024

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

 

There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be temporarily free as they move from Unreal-centric to an agnostic 3D/game asset store.  They have some incredible models, but the results in Blender often look very wrong. I need to look at how the materials are being set up, I think the projection might be wrong on the normal maps.

Quixel 3D asset. Icelandic plain

In addition to the 3D models, I also bagged some materials. Mostly rocky and sanding grounds. Here are some of them imported into my True-Terrain library.


Luna version.... I've been trying this a lot.

This is another quick run at a moon landscape. Little rocks add a lot, but a lot of refinement is still required.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet day / Housekeeping day

  There was not much productive work today. I did some housekeeping, so to speak. I tested some Quixel assets. They're going to be tempo...