It's flown! Here we are on Friday, seemingly moments after Monday's close. This might be the power of routine. Compared to the Summer break, everything runs on rails of routine, so you stop noticing the flow of time.
This week
Progress on the Halo terrain. I need to start a third iteration of the canyon/service road element. This time, I need to spend much longer filling in the land above the canyon with peaks and undulations. My main beef with the previous two attempts is that they don't include enough terrain detail.![]() |
| Cheeky to show (NDA) but it's rejected, right? So it illustrates the lack of detail around the canyon. |
Train travel
Clara and I took the train to Worksop because our broken-down car has been towed there for repair. We dropped off the service documentation at the garage and lugged most of our luggage back. While waiting for the train, I snapped photos of track maintenance engineers because their safety packs look really cool, maybe a bit Sci-fi.
![]() |
| Rough source! |
![]() |
| So that worked out pretty amazingly... |
The first engineer with the best photo is the best by far, and I think it shows. That said, they are collectively very useful for background elements. I'm impressed! Also, a bit scared of what this does to the 3D industry. There's going to be a whole lot less work going forward.
Fluent back in the house
The hard surface modelling tool, which wasn't initially working in Blender 5.2 looks to be fixed.
![]() |
| Quick test element: some tiny issues on the mesh, as usual. |
Apparently, I bought this add-on in the opening weeks of the Ukraine invasion. Since then, I have used it occasionally. Mostly, I get into a mess and need to learn how to make the most of the mesh/normal repair tools. Occasionally, it's done an amazing job.




No comments:
Post a Comment