Monday, 31 August 2026

Bridge

I started to fashion a quick scene that includes my "nauts". Just a bit of fun using a World Creator terrain. In this case, I wanted a mostly featureless plane, which I think I delivered, maybe a little too well. 


I thought I'd go back and create something a little more dramatic, and while creating a terrain, I remembered that the World Creator had updated its Blender bridge -- a small tool that syncs World Creator directly with Blender.

Well, it's working rather well.

Conventional low-cost shader setup, unlike True Terrain's powerful but demanding node magic.

I will return to the tool with some bigger tests soon.

I still think that True Terrain 5 is the best thing since sliced bread, but I do need to cultivate more terrain options. Currently, the masking system in True Terrain isn't aligning masks onto the terrain properly, which is a right pain. It's not a show-stopper, but it does stop me from using a tried-and-tested workflow that gets more nuanced results than the other masking tools.

Back to work, proper

Tomorrow is officially the end of my summer break. While I did work last week, it was on specific days and special out-of-term hours. From tomorrow, it's all back to normal. I can't say how I feel about it. Oddly. While I'll miss having more time for the creative stuff, I will benefit from the extra exercise and a tighter routine. How I handle the emotional aspect remains to be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bridge

I started to fashion a quick scene that includes my "nauts". Just a bit of fun using a World Creator terrain. In this case, I want...