Wednesday, 19 August 2026

The calm before the storm

 I've returned to my part-time job, with shifts on alternate days until the start of the new term, when it will be Monday-to-Friday. What a shock! I've put on a bit of weight because I wasn't as active over the summer as I'd planned (and I was also eating too much of the wrong sort of food). I didn't maintain my resistance training due to a back injury, although I did keep up with the walking. If this morning's efforts tell me anything, it's that I will lose the weight when I start doing *that* every day. No bad thing!

I felt the need to dive into gaming for a few days. I'm not being very productive at the moment; I thought that maybe an actual gap would help -- a period of fallow before renewing my efforts on the animation project I installed XCOM 2. Oh boy! I love this game, although it's looking a bit dated now -- ten years old and still as engrossing and satisfying a turn-based strategy game as I've ever played.

Screenshot from 1st March 2016! I'd met my Waterloo, but I brought the whole team back, at least.

HitEm3D harder!

The super 3d model generator, HitEm3D, has a new super-detailed model. It's expensive to use but is currently being offered for free, presumably because nobody would try it otherwise, since it's three times the usual cost per model at the highest setting.

It's a brass bust of moi

Previous outputs pushed through the new V3 model

Added clouds/Atmosphere 2 addon ...seems stable

No comments:

Post a Comment

The calm before the storm

 I've returned to my part-time job, with shifts on alternate days until the start of the new term, when it will be Monday-to-Friday. Wha...