My watch reported that I had a fair night's sleep. Hip hip! Clara begins her first night shift, so I'll be taking the boys out this afternoon so she can do an afternoon sleep to prepare for working through the night.
A common activity on Sunday. Now that Leo is starting secondary school, I've committed to start ironing clothes again. School shirts on a Sunday evening sort of thing.
Casual Me
![]() |
| I'm so casual I'm cloned! |
I'm burning through the month's Hitem3 credits, but I'm getting happy results.
![]() |
| The eyes, the eyes!! |
When something is really good...but... imperfections can be jarring. Sabina's eyelashes are chunks of flesh. Oh girl, that is not a good look! I'll try to do a manual cleanup at some point. It's possible that heads and hands could be sourced from a more reliable workflow, possibly cut out from a human model generated by a dedicated generator app or addon. Faces and hands are usually the weak link. Some fabrics are too shiny or lack that surface quality, although I think this deficiency could be fixed with some shader and map editing.
HeightSmith (https://hs.xanathon.com/)
I was reminded of this excellent little web app for generating science-fiction-style height maps. It's super-configurable and flexible, although it's a shame about the apparent resolution limit.Terrains!
It's been a while! I just had to load up World Creator and see if I couldremember the steps for cranking out a quick terrain. This one is 512x512m. I remembered that the latest version of True Terrain has a broken system for mask alignment, so I used Blender 4.x to set the terrain up with materials that use working masks. Sadly, loading this setup into the latest Blender didn't work as the materials tree was blank. Something changed, breaking forward compatibility. I ended up recreating the scene in Blender 5.2.1 and living without properly aligned material masks.




No comments:
Post a Comment