Tuesday 26 December 2023

Boxing day

 

I had twenty minutes to play before going to see family. 


Just playing. I added a volume to catch the rays, but it needed tweaking.

Very annoyed

I got an email from the Blender Bros at 11pm. I made a note to check up on it first thing in the morning as I was having an early night. In the morning, I read that their 40% discount on the Hard Surface Modelling Accelerator course was ending in 6 hours.

Who gives just six hours warning for the end of an online promotion. You're always going to catch potential customers sleeping through the night. I wanted to finish the free course before making a final decision, but to be honest, I'd already decided that I'd buy the course.

I thought that the course was probably worth the full price and that I'd end up buying it at some point.

Less annoyed

I was on the way to visit my sister and her family, staying at a rental property close to us. I checked Facebook and saw the ad for the discounted course. Was it back, or was it an error? I followed the link and it was going to let me buy at the discounted rate, so I did. Was the temporary end of the promotion a mistake or a sneaking sales tactic? I don't know, but I'm glad to have the expanded course.

I've decided that once the Accelerator course is complete, I'll probably buy their introduction to Hard Ops and Box Cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...