Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Wednesday project


This morning, I decided to invest a couple of hours into a mini-project before returning to the big stuff. At work, I'd been watching the crafting of a simple -- but really elegant -- deck chair. One that slots together rather than uses complex pivots and hinges. I recreated the chair from memory -- making some errors through the process.


 I originally had the seat slats sit flush on their legs, but when flush this way, the seat element doesn't get held in place when the two elements are stored or carried flat --without the overhang on the slats, it just falls through the back frame. You really understand a thing after you try to build and use it (virtually, in this case).

True-Sky render

I tried using Physical Starlight and Atmosphere, but I got crashes, so I tried True-Sky 3. It's great for landscape shots, though its rendering trickery does result in an overly soft output in many cases. PSA is better for a studio-style subject...when it works.


True Terrain 3.2


A fix for Blender 5.2, although I spotted and raised some issues. This could be a corruption of my installation. Blender 5.2 is turning out like Blender 5.1, a bit crashy, maybe as a result of changes to the API.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday project

This morning, I decided to invest a couple of hours into a mini-project before returning to the big stuff. At work, I'd been watching th...