Saturday 23 December 2023

Blender School: A base for the legs

 Well, that was like having my teeth pulled out. I got into a right old mess. It's probably down to me incorrectly ordering and or managing the parenting on the leg and then the leg's instanced copies. Most of the modelling operations were done okay. Just variants of the first part. 



Some key things:


Building up logical collections with "M" works well and makes complete sense. I've always done a "clean up" session after modelling "in the flow", choosing to not do any housework while actually modelling just builds up work for later. I will see if I can become more organised in making collections while modelling.

Copying mesh elements is also something I didn't do. Taking a few faces, Shift+D to make a copy, then separating, then using the new element to create a referenced component. 

It's unlikely that I'll be able to do the next lesson for a while as it's Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...