Friday 4 October 2024

Boulton progress

 I had a few things to do today. My eldest son, Noah, had a day off school, and my youngest son was due back from his first residential school trip. 

I got up early to get some modelling time in. The Boulton is getting there. I'm mostly happy so far. I'm intrigued by how I'll get the thing festooned with ordnance without it looking like a mess. Not to mention the pair of Gordon-class Sloops (forward missile and comms control sub-ships) that dock somewhere near the back, one on top, the other on the bottom.

Easy and crips surface markings through Boolean black magic

The rectangular cabin section needs cleaning up.

There is a lot of nipping and tucking to do. This has been built at speed without all due care, and as a result, there are countless places where the symmetry isn't super. It's the cost of doing very high-speed business. If there is anything noticeable, I'll clean up at the end.

Next up: Tighten everything up, sort out the alignment of elements, and work on more tiny details. I may spend a session building missile drones and launch pods, then the Gordon-class mini-ships. I think I should return to the books and re-read a space battle or two for inspiration.

Blast from the past

Some sketches from the first time I took to the Terran Republic...





No comments:

Post a Comment

A few days of feeling meh

 I caught a cold from one of my children. It's not a dreadful cold, just one that knocks you a step back and robs you of any chance of a...