Thursday 16 March 2023

Blue screen blues

 I grabbed half an hour before work yesterday to have a play with Blender. It took me twenty minutes to generate a blue screen crash that wouldn't even restart Windows without me doing a power cycle. This is very disheartening! 

My old machine experienced about six blue screens of death only about six times in three years. This new machine gets about one a week. If Blender 3.5 doesn't improve the crash situation I'm probably going to do some poking around and deeper log analysis. Heat or voltage issues? I still hope it's driver based because those issues tend to auto-update themselves away.


Giant-scale landscape, though not massive in terms of subdivision/poly count. Add giant clouds. Blender filesize and VRAM useage is nowhere near the ceiling. 

Big lanscape bridged from World Creator

CloudScapes assets in the distance. True Sky providing the actually sky bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...