Tuesday 21 March 2023

Geo-Scatter

Yes, I know. I need to stop buying add-ons. But not today.

I've been thinking about investing in Geo-Scatter for a while. As True Assets have helped me organise a good asset library, I've started to try my hand at natural scenes. Bagapie is an amazing free tool but I just couldn't get its affector system to do any clever scattering.

I watched a couple of hands-on videos and decided, yes, I will spend all my money on add-ons.

I installed the plugin. I installed "scat-packs" to make biomes available. In fact, Bagapie Assets has a great scat-pack and it was the first one I that I tried out.

I loaded a dry biome. It took a shockingly long time to load. Minutes! Several! My system suddenly got very slow and I started to worry that I'd made a terrible buying decision.

I turned off all but three of the scatter systems. Still chuggy but not on the verge of lock-up. I then worked out how to enable camera-culling for all the layers. Still a bit chuggy, mind you.

Set up a lighting environment

Select the flat plane and use the quick displacement system

Render...



Oh boy, this is amazing for a scene that literally was created in seconds. Although the view port is chuggy the render took less than a minute.

Happy!


Maisonette progress



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...