Saturday 18 March 2023

A working theory.... DDR5 voltage draw

Using the compositor to create a lovely glow

 I was really happy with the glow effect -- yeah, it might need to be dropped down a peg, but it definitely gives the scene a real-space feel.

However, I was getting constant crashing, then a right nasty blue-screen crash. Another that hung the system.


A crash so bad the bluescreen message died before it completed "blue screen".


It looks like the crashes might be happening when the DDR exceeds 5v. This is acording to my iCue system monitor dashboard. Its something to look at. Maybe I can limit my GPU to, say 85% power, see if that provides overhead, in case this is just not having enough juice for peak power demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...