Wednesday 1 March 2023

World Creator has a Blender bridge. Yay But Blender still crashing

 World Creator's long-in-development Beta has gone back into the workshop for major UI rework. Part of their thanks for our patience was the release of some bridges - like add-ons that handle the transfer of live World Creator content right into Blender, with the click of some sync buttons.

It works great, although it does suffer a bit when the underlying mesh's resolution doesn't match that of the Blender instance. You get banding.

However, the bigger issue remains instability. Blender is crashing a lot when I try to do landscapes. It's really frustrating.

I'm trying a few things.

1) Blender 2.5 Beta. It seems great. It crashes a little less, but it has now crashed.

2) Switched to Optix API. It's NVIDIA-specific but I always found it to be unstable. Well it didn't crash but it did make CUDA fall over in a less passive agressive way.


This is new

Having a quick read, this may result from a light ray that has escaped to infinity. One hack solution is to wrap the scene in a bounding box. That might not work when using a sky add-on. I don't know! Sucks, it does.


World Creator and Blender...BRIDGED!!

A scene straight from World Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...