Friday 31 March 2023

Back to basics and some realisations

It turns out that maybe that there was something freaky about the scaling on my Geo-scatter source plane. I built a small scene that worked fine (below). It looks like the previous scene was much larger than I realised, so I had been scattering hundreds of square metres of biome. A crash was inevitable. This is a lesson; in the world of scattering you must be sure of your scale or things will break, or look very silly.


The scene that didn't crash. Yay!



A little ship

I picked up a sketch I did back in 1992. I ship for the High Colonies science fiction roleplaying game. Thought i might build it. Then I decided it was a bit rubbish, so I decided I'd build an updated version.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...