Sunday 2 April 2023

That little ship

 

Ship concept from the early 90s.

I like the concept, but it needed a lot of refinement. I ended up going in a different direction. So here we are, many years later. I decide it would be cool to do a quick build of the concept, but when I actually opened Blender I decided that the design needed too much work to justify building it direct. So, instead I took the basic idea -- a dual-hulled ship that slipts between lander and engines and rebooted it.

The engines are no longer blocks and no longer off-set from the main axis of. Four mounts instead of two.

The lander slips through a slot rather than just connecting face-to-face.


Basics


Refinements, here and there

Still of details to add.

More detailed thruster assemblies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...