Tuesday 4 April 2023

Early Blender

 I'd promised Clara that I'd get up early to take the bin to the end of the road -- normally done the night before but on School holidays we tend to forget. After the excitement of walking the paper and cardboard bin to the end of our path I decided that I'd do some playing in Blender.

By the time it came to shut down and turn my attention to work I'd build a bunch of low-poly assets and had created a satisfying scatter.


So if you stick with simle, low-poly assets, Blender and Geo-Scatter can absolutely rock the detailed landscape scenes.



Intially I tacked this as two separate passes. Then I tried scattering on the back terrain model in the same Blender file. It worked, maybe because I kept the number of different assets low.

I absolutely love Geo-Scatter. It's powerful and very easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...