Friday, 4 July 2025

Onwards to the weekend



Sparc3D vehicle outputs. I then decimated and cut the vehicles in half so they could be instanced with a mirror modifier. The next steps: better topology. This might be a case of cut and clean, such as making those windows a single polygon, right now they're part of the model's dense triangulated mesh. 

AI Sloppy? Maybe, but they are amazing starting points.

A quick terrain test. I'll never be able to stop this... Terrain addict, I am. I whipped this up in about half an hour, but then spent a couple of hours struggling to add some scatter. There were crashes!

 Next Steps

  • Back to the environmental training course. Two lessons today.
  • Tidy up assets and build some more:
        Lighting rig
        Cargo container 
        Oil Drums and crates
        Portable huts and a gatehouse.



A bad habit that I need to lose:

I iterate too slowly because I pump up settings too soon. The Card scene should have taken a couple of hours of work, but I must have spent more than that waiting for test renders, which I save but don't use much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoosh. Another week flashes before my eyes

 It's flown! Here we are on Friday, seemingly moments after Monday's close. This might be the power of routine. Compared to the Summ...