Thursday 4 January 2024

Mobile space port

 I occasionally like to go back into my past projects and create an update. Take an old idea and apply newer skills and higher proficiency. It's that time again. 

Mobile spaceport

2010 Pre-blender (3DS Max 4)

This vehicle wanders along the bottom of deep canyons, looking for ice fissures from where water is collected and converted into starship fuel. It's a monster-tracked vehicle which originally would have supported a whole population. Cool idea, but I gave up on this version as I couldn't figure out how to make it into a township with lots of surface buildings.


Time to try again!

Early days. I've not used tank-style tracks this time. It's four massive bogeys on which two triple-tracked trains are mounted. All this detail will probably get lost when the main hull sits on top of it.                                               
                                                                                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...