Tuesday 9 January 2024

Back to Blender school!

 More really basic lessons for things I had forgotten or just forgot to use.


Flying through the basic command lessons. These are all a couple of minutes at most. It's really basic stuff but some of it hadn't stuck, so I didn't use it.

View selected object:  Number Pad Period.
How can I not be using this all the time?!

Repeat last command: Shift+R
I'm sure this is really useful although I feel like I've survived without it...

Visibility

Hide selected object: H
I am using this but not it's inverse:

Hide the inverse of your selection: Shift+H

Local view: /
My new best friend! Remember its a toggle.

Bool Tool

Slice:

1. Select both objects
2. Ctrl+ number pad slash
3. Instead of applying one object as a cutter, both objects are cut out from each other, leaving both objects cut from each other.

I don't know why I lost track of the Bool tool. I didn't use Booleans quite as often as hard surface modellers now do.

Installed Modifer Tools


A simple addon that gives you some global commands for applying to all modifiers, such as applying all modifiers with a single click.


I just hit 25% of the course. Getting there!


Mobile Starport Progress


I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. I had to stop working on it because I could feel my attention to detail was slipping. This would be the point where I'm adding stuff without thinking deeply about what I was doing. I'd add elements, but they wouldn't really be working.

I'm still toying with the idea that I will completely rebuild the track trains/bogeys. We'll see. They could do with being a bit more chunky.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...