Wednesday 17 January 2024

Blender school - Done

 

missing modelling elements. I completed the texture steps anyway.

I've got what I needed, so I'm not going to guild this Lilly. Actually, I'm not going to fix some missing elements that seem to have disappeared. Specifically, a layer of finer detail Boolean elements.

The course was great. I look at projects differently. I plan better. I have a better appreciation for blocking out and holding back on details. That's something that I got really bad at. Far too many times, I've flown into a design roadblock because I went too far in one small area.

I've actually not completed the post-production lessons because I don't have Photoshop, and I don't feel it's a priority. Post is where you can fix the mistakes you made in modelling -- well, I want to learn to avoid that.

What next?

I still feel like I should finally learn how to use Hardops. Strangely enough, the final course video was a bit of an ad for Hard Ops. Ryuu makes a great case for shifting to Hardops as it's clearly a hard surface modelling accelerator.

In terms of projects, I'm thinking of another stab at a starship from Charles E. Gannon's Tales of the Terran Federation, the Caine Riordan stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...