Monday 1 January 2024

Blender School - a lesson that has taken me 10 years to learn

 I decided to complete the final lessons so I could move on to the main paid-for Accelerator course.

It's all basic stuff. I'm watching, but I can't be bothered to follow step-by-step as I'm not learning anything. Then Ryuu does something that I didn't think was possible. This is something I've wanted to be able to do since the very first time I started using Blender.

So here's the trick:


1. Apply a material to part of your model.

2. Invert your selection: Ctrl+I



3. Shift+Click on the component on which you just applied a material. Click on the material options down Chevron. Select Copy Material to Selected.


 









4. BOOM! Oh, how much time would I have saved if I'd known this in 2014?!


Right, I'll carry on with the lesson now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...