Tuesday 23 January 2024

Various threads

 The modelling of the Boulton continues. I had a problem that I'd encountered once before where the rendered viewport showed something different from an actual render. In this latest case, it was a set of Boolean windows that were okay in the viewport but not visible when rendered. I tried various things and got some improvement by fiddling with the verts. At first, I thought it was just a weird, normal issue, but it was something a bit stranger. Almost certainly where geometry was bad, but not visibly bad.

Still using Booleans like a loon.

A missing window pane in the right-most bank of windows.

Undergrowth Asset pack - TrueVFX


I'm a total fan of TrueVFX's Blender tools, so even though I'm not much into close-up nature renders, I immediately bagged their new Undergrowth asset pack. I bagged it so quickly I missed an available discount had I only read to the end of their announcement.

Mushrooms and the stone. Suzanne, you already know.

Every asset, a hero!

The quality of the assets is superb. I had to remove Bagapie grass because it looked faked next to these amazing fungi.

Trees

This morning, I had a blood test to check on my health. Because I was a very brave boy, I bought myself the Botaniq library -- it's great! There are better, more idiosyncratic tree assets, but these are nicely parametric. You can randomise branching, and you can alter leaf colour. it's also pretty large and can work through their new Engon Free blender browser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...