Monday 1 January 2024

Blender School: Modelling complete

 I caught up with my Blender Bros training course, completing steps six and seven, which finish off the modelling. These last two lessons really just reinforce what I learned in the previous lessons. Good to reinforce!

I think the biggest benefit was further fixing steps. We Boolean a cable pipe into the central components curve, which produces an unholy mess in the geometry. We then dive in with our Machin3tools and get those vertices aligned/merged/dissolved. I love how symmetrize lets you complete work on one side of a mesh and then apply the changes to the other side.  

Naturally, I went off the rails a few times, but nothing where I was left phased. I made a few changes to Ryuu's design, just where I felt I wanted to go in a slightly different direction. 

Step-6 Pipe details

Step-7 Claw and grill

The next lesson will cover materials. There's plenty for me to learn there!

More Terrain

I just can't stop playing with True-Terrain 5.

Big but simple terrain - a desert

Small but detailed terrain - pretty flowers





No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...