Sunday, 17 August 2025

Timeout

 I've had a couple of days where I didn't get much done. I played with World Creator and found myself going through the old flow of sculpting a terrain, exporting maps and playing with them in Blender. Not very useful or productive, it's a therapy thing.

The colour map is "banded". Commented as a bug


Today, I found what appears to be a serious bug in the latest World Creator beta that corrupts exported material maps. As good a reason as any to go away and do something more productive. I'm supposed to be doing a final clean-up on the service road, but I wanted a weekend break.

Dark Tower

Last night I watched a YouTube video about the Texas Towers. Built by the U.S. Air Force in the late 1950s, these oil rig-like structures provided extended radar coverage of America's eastern seaboard. The final tower (Tower-4) was notorious because it was sunk in a storm, dooming its crew to a watery grave.



Texas Tower

The story touched a nerve. I love these structures, so I decided to create a quick model. Time limited to be completed tomorrow.

Work-in-progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoosh. Another week flashes before my eyes

 It's flown! Here we are on Friday, seemingly moments after Monday's close. This might be the power of routine. Compared to the Summ...