Tuesday 22 November 2022

Random Flow - new release (v1.7.5)

 

I try not to rely too heavily on generative modelling. I want to craft the focal point of any rendering project. However, when you're building vast space stations or insanely intricate machinary, it really pays to have a tool like Random Flow at your disposal. 

Random Flow is not a particularly intuitive modelling tool. It's ui has a lot of obscure parameters to tweak, and without some understanding of the tool, you can change a lot and not any change to your model. But once you get it, you really get it! 

I've not got my head around the changes that come in 1.7.5, but it seems like a lot of nice improvements are in place that impact the underlying geometry generators. I should watch a tutorial video!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...