Thursday 24 November 2022

Digging deeper into True Terrain

 

I managed to get all the way through the workflow without getting jammed or crashing. I'm quite pleased with the results, given the complexity of the system and the high demand. I can't imagine this add-on would be suited to a low-spec system.

It seems like Thanksgiving and the Black Friday sales drive a lot of activity in Blender add-on land. The add-on Planetarium has been renamed "Cosmo". It boasts lots of cool stuff, though I'm not sold on the changes from my first impressions.

The coastline is amazing. The node-based terrain is pretty good, and super detailed, but pure-noise based planets tend to lack some element of reality.

The issue becomes more accute on the Earth model. Altough with more time and experimentation, these issues may go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...