Saturday 26 November 2022

True Terrains Going Awry

 I planned to make great progress with True Terrain. Instead it's suddenly not doing what I expect. I'm not seeing any material masking. I'm wondering if my viewport is glitching. More likely I'm just blundering.

So in this blog I'm going to run through the workflow, as best I can, to create a starting point for future projects.

Narator's voice: While writing his tutorial, Mark discovered that he'd been assigning added layers as brand new materials. He'd woken up that morning and lost the memory of a critical part of the workflow. So, yes. Just blundering.


So running through the tutorials a couple of times, I noticed that I'd made a mistake. It's not the cleanest workflow (in my limited defense). 

Normal service resumed!

Progress:


Scatter distribution unlocked!


Fogmospherics unlocked!

True Sky enabled!

There was another update to update to the Physical Celestial Objects add-on (I've never seen the add-ons get updated all together, before. I'm guessing updates help to generate a Black Friday sales proposition. Anyway, I installed, turned the add-on on and had a play. I tried to change from Eevee to Cycles which gave my new PC its first Blue Screen Of Death. EEEEk!

So I may give this version a pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...