Tuesday 20 February 2024

Rickety boat, rickety start

 

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct. This ever Blender Gesserit knows.

Good balances

I think the first steps have gone well. Matching the overall shape took only a few minutes. I was delighted! This is going to be so easy. Hmm, not so fast. 

I had trouble with the keel rim. Then, the boat's interior really slowed down. It has been a long time since I had to constantly refer to reference images, which I found exhausting, at least in terms of that creative flow you aim for.


Look, ma, reference images!

Shape mostly matches.


At this point, I felt like I was compromising almost every step. I needed a break, or things were going to get very messy, maybe to the point where I'd need to restart. Right now, I don't think that's required, but some things may need to be redone, such as the dark edging, which needs to be thicker and less conformal to the Sub-D hull shape.


Heading for deeper, more detailed waters...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...