Saturday 10 February 2024

Radio Silence

 
I've not posted for a few days. Not for lack of Blender activity. In fact, I've been rather productive and frustrated and pleased. It's been that kind of time.

New True-Terrain 5 version

The latest test version of True-Terrain-5 is out. Horray! It's causing me a lot of problems, though. Crashes to the desktop, performance woes, and a significant bug that stops any of my TT assets from displaying, although the cause of that issue was discovered yesterday in consultation with the developers.

Blender 4.1 is out in just a few weeks, so the developers wisely chose to make this version for 4.1 only. This way, their add-on won't fall over when the new release comes out. Still, I'm not keen on using the beta version. Stability is always a lot more important than new features.

Island of Blender stability

Scatter systems come to True-Terrain 5

U.S.S Wade Racine

Wade, a member of the Facebook 2300AD group, passed away a few days ago. Back in 2018, he received risky life-saving surgery. The group created a starship in his honour. At the time, I did a sketch.

2018 sketch

I thought it would be nice to finally build the design in Blender as part of a little commemorative illustration. I might even go so far as to complete deckplans. First, a model, though!


Blocking out

Refined the block-out

Test the spin habitat arrangement

Time for mid and fine detail...
I think it's 80% complete, but that last 20% might take significantly longer than 20% of the time already spent (about 6 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...