Monday 27 November 2023

Gaea, I'm in you

 


I watched a teaser for Gaea 2.0. Amazed, I was. Cyber Friday upgrade deal, there was.

Gaea 2.0 is due for release in the near year, so this is a free copy of Gaea 1.3 that you get for pre-ordering.

Everyone says how powerful Gaea is for the procedural landscape generation --- World Creator is more sculptural, and I love that you have that hands-on control, but sometimes you want the process to drive the detailing. Gaea is mostly graph-based. You drop in nodes to set up a series of actions. It's not as satisfying, but the results can speak for themselves.

So, this morning is Gaea 101. I'm hoping to have an exported height map made before too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...