Sunday 19 November 2023

True Terrain 5 Early Access

 The wizards at True VFX have a new, rewritten-from-the-ground-up version of True Terrain. It's Blender v4 only and is now officially in early access.

I've had access for several months, but I didn't want to test it while my system was experiencing extreme instability. I would have been raising issues caused by my system issues rather than application bugs.

But that issue is now resolved, so I've installed and started testing. And it's really great!


I need to review the documentation to better understand blending. The scene below shows some limited blending of two material textures. One is applied to the slopes, and the other covers the flats.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...