Monday 28 March 2022

Forgotten add-on: Terrain Mixer

 

The results from Terrain Mixer are amazing. But without understanding much of how it works, its mostly an orange tinted tease.

I need to watch more tutorials. This is a re-run of Random Flow. It promised much, but I got nothing out of it. It wasn't intuitive. I almost gave up. Then it clicked, and suddently It's a creative tool, not a box of random.



Terrain Mixer uses a crazy set of node trees to mush up super high resolution noise maps. It's very clever, and I imagine that once you know what half of the wall of node modifiers do, it becomes more of a useful tool.


The detail...oh slighly overcooked here, but..oh the detail

Holiday rock material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That deeply sh!t thing happened again

 On Saturday night, we had a brief power cut. It only lasted a few seconds, resulting in a hard shutdown of my workstation. This is the work...