Saturday 8 January 2022

UV practice - Lesson Learned

    

Medium Rig -Multipurpose Transporter

I'm very pleased with the progress of my UV mapping and finally doing the small details as displacement / normal maps. However, I just realised why the panels on the rear of this orbital rig don't quite match the panels on the front. That face as a moderately smaller texel density -- Zen UV let me take readings and compare, although you can tell from the relative size of the panels on the UV map that they're not quite matching up. Important Lesson!

Doodad test object

An earlier lesson, this time for my 6-year-old son, Leo. Teaching him how to use the mirror modifer.
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...