Thursday 6 January 2022

Zen and the art of UV

 

Zen UV Plugin


My first proper tinker with Zen UV has left me feeling overjoyed. I have so much to learn, and my fundermental understand of UVs still needs work. However, this is the first time I've managed to quicky generate a UV map with useful islands. Without any real undstanding of what I was doing, I'd usually generate a UV consisting of every face on its own island. Useless for hard surface modelling. Further more, maps would be riddled with horrible distortions and artifacts, thanks to a complete ignorance of the importance of consistent texel density.




Play



I know! It's not a space ship or an alien world. Try not to faint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...