Friday 14 January 2022

Round 2 progress and photogrammetry foot in the door

The second UV-practice space vehicle is progressing nicely. Well, it's a bit better than the first attempt, which is entirely the point.The big improvement is in me seeing UV as a kind of jigsaw puzzel. If the unwrap has issues, I move islands around and reconstruct objects by putting its island faces in the  right places.

Cleaned up cargo container

Small surface-level geometry belongs in the bump or normal map.



Also, a quick test of Polycam, on my Ipad. It's cool and spooky to capture things. I could see me catching the photogrammetry bug. Obviously this was a quick test. I had no idea what I was doing or whether the capture would be successful.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...