Monday 29 June 2020

On to another project





UV Mapping is a pain in the backside if you don't get your mesh built properly and I nearly always end up introducing modelling touches that make for sub-optimal topology. So, while I definitely will be mapping the tanker model, it won't be today.

Today (Last week, actually)


The ANDREW BOLTON-Class Cruiser is a starship from Chuck Gannon's Tales of the Terran Republic books. I've been mucking around with designing and modelling this badboy for a couple of years but my designed always got derailed. This time I decided to force myself to push on. I even showed off the early work in progress, which makes it harder for me to walk away from the work as people are now waiting to see the completed ship.



A starting point. A little too simple in form. Though it's definitely more elegant than the final design.
This felt a bit more utilitarian and less over-streamlined, given the design only enters the edge-of-space part of a planetary atmosphere.



Right off the bat, I wanted to prove that the spin habitats were looking okay extended. I did a ship for the 2300AD universe that looked very different from my intentions when I folded the habitats away. This time I wanted to check it early.
We ended the weekend with the half blocked out ship. Looks close to completion but it's not. There's a lot of add-ons in terms of drones, ships and some compex elements for the aft sections.



World Creator 2




Blender is firing on all cylinders but World Creator 2 is still getting some use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...