Monday 15 June 2020

More learning



Speculative purchase


So I hunted down expert tutorials for using World Creator 2 and found a promotional video for creating cinematic landscapes using World Creator 2. The related training course was a tad expensive for about an hour of video but then getting the right workflow tips can save you a mountain of time, so I spent the 40 Euros.

After watching the training videos I was a little disappointed. The author is incredibly talented and his videos are good, but they just don't provide enough knowledge. That said, the biggest takeaway was the strong recommendation for Octane Renderer, which allows you to push displacement maps into a Blender scene through the shader engine. This means that you can render huge detailed 8k landscapes with no actual geometry, which speeds up performance.

Now it could be that this one lesson "pays for all" as it does massively increase the ease of rendering giant landscapes.



Bacta Tanker


I'm planning to run the old Westend Games Star Wars Roleplaying Game with my family. To this end, I designed a Star Wars starship that the PCs will crew, a Bacta tanker which plies the galaxy hauling that healing fluid.



Digital Sketch (based on a paper sketch)

Digital Sketch

Modelling (about 3 hours in)

Modelling (about 5 hours in)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...