Thursday 11 June 2020

New world ...creator


New world


In the space of 3 weeks, both my desktop PCs died. My old machine completely gave up the ghost, given that it's 8-years old I decided not to bother trying to bring it back. However, my main machine then died. It turned out just to need a replacement graphics card, but by the time I worked that out, I'd already ordered a new machine. A monster!

The new machine, "ISAC", is a 10-core INTEL i9 with 32 GB of system memory and a Geforce RTX 2080 Ti. Yeah, this wasn't bought with a view of value for money, rather maximum performance for the pot of money that I had.

The high-performance RTX card opens up a lot of more up-to-date rendering technologies. I got hold of the Octane to test it out. I also decided to get a piece of software that I'd had my eye on for about a year: World Creator 2.


World Creator 2







If like myself you love 3d landscapes,World Creator 2 is amazing. AMAZING! The horsepower of my PC allows World Creator to interactively generate landscapes in real-time.



The real challenge will be getting the cinematic look after importing the heightmaps into Blender. The challenge is accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...