Friday 31 May 2024

Star Dancing

 So I located the source of the Ralph McQuarrie illustration. Fascinating! So McQuarrie did concept art for an unproduced science fiction movie called Star Dancing. This was 1971, also the year I was born. The art never turned into a film, but it came to the attention of a young film maker who was trying to do a remake of Flash Gorden. He wasn't able to secure the rights so had to go off and create his own science fiction / fantasy universe: Star Wars.



So I'm making okay progress on the All Terrain Vehicle.


Still need to define details on the front. I think a personnel entry port near the base.

Big cargo ramp at the back. Maybe it needs a less steep slope, or a flatbed lift instead of a ramp?

Top details. I might redo this as a displacement map.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Performance woes - maybe

 This weekend, I took a break from the deck plan work. Inspired by a cave-themed community challenge on the True-VFX Discord, I built caves....