Thursday 30 May 2024

A few creatively "off" days

 You must get them. Days when you're just not feeling it. I've had a few. It's also half-term, so my sons are home, which means quite a lot of noise and fuss.

So I saw a concept illustration by Ralph McQuarrie, the Star Wars concept artist who most defined the look and feel of that universe. It's not from Star Wars but another movie concept that sounded very intriguing.


 I loved the idea of an endless grassy plane. The idea here is that the whole planet is a giant grassy plain. I'm not convinced that's plausible, but that's fine.

The design work is cool, "science-fictiony" while his Star Wars stuff is more stylised. This is sorta Battlestar Galactica - although I can't find the source, so I'm not sure of the film.

I'm going to recreate the scene. I'm terrified about working on the space traveller, but that's going to be tough. The All-Terrain Vehicle, I'll make a bit bigger, I think.


Rejected concept - a bit too Mass Effect

Rejected concept: The windows. Not keen!

Game on!

I don't want to go overboard in the detailing, but more details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Performance woes - maybe

 This weekend, I took a break from the deck plan work. Inspired by a cave-themed community challenge on the True-VFX Discord, I built caves....