Friday 5 May 2023

Busy week of non-Blender stuff

 It's been a busy week. I completed a few outstanding tasks -- haircut, for one.. I handed my work Macbooks into the office, renewed my driving license, and voted in the local election.

I will focus on completing my tabletop role-playing game: Orbital Elements. This will take me away from Blender, but in the end, I'll use Blender for creating art/models and maps. 

Spring Sale!

Blender Market has a sale. I should reign in my spending, but I can get a bigger library of plant assets with a 25% saving. Don't let anyone tell you that sales don't work.

From the people who brought you Geo-Scatter, a paid-for library of plants and trees. No grasses, though.
These two images are pre-made biomes that you just drop into your scene. Pretty nice!



World Creator just dropped the first beta for their new version. Here are my first test outputs. I had serious problems with digital artifacts and seams, ruining anything complex you tried to export. The jury is still out, I need to do something more complex, but the signs are positive.

Materials and sky using True Sky and True Terrain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...