Wednesday 13 April 2022

New beta (World Creator) moah scapes then

 
I record my World Creator activity on this blog because I see it as part of my Blender workflow for landscapes. Last year, WC2 and Blender 2.9x didn't perform very well when trying to create big landscapes. Between the Cycles X improvements of Blender 3.x and World Creator 3, that feels like its all changed.

Granted, I now know to import landscapes as high-bit-depth hight maps, rather than baking into vast meshes. This makes a world of different when interacting with them in Blender.


The WC3 made top-to-bottom changes, including the limitation of the size of your land tile. It meant that WC3 isn't ideal for creating a huge landscape. However, the latest beta includes a feature that lets you make the land tile seamless, so that you can join copies together.  

4 tiles. Repetition, yes. But also huge landmasses

I need to work on materials. 




Here's a 3d scan that I created on recent wander around Sheffield city centre. I need to shift to SLR capture and one of the scanning services, so that I can get production quality captures. It's nice to be able to capture 3d modules just for reference, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much, today

 I played with True-Terrain 5 in the morning. I got crashes. A few! I think that I may have experienced the old instability problem. I found...