Friday 21 February 2014

Ping!

 It just struck me that I have not posted updates for a while. Stopped using Blender? Not at all. I have some other creative work that I need to concentrate on for a little while.

I'm no longer in a tiz about Cycles. I'll accept that my gaming powerhouse GPU doesn't translate into the best CUDA performer. I'll also accept that big scenes will swamp the GPU and render much more slowly than the CPU. Here was a quick test I did to get my head around the differences in quality / samples and render time.

10 samples - instant

100 samples - 7 seconds
1000 samples - 67 seconds

Messing around with materials

I have not had much time to model new stuff -- I knocked this cargo container out in a very short time -- which is why it's not scoring much for accuracy. Does the job though!

Low-ish poly shipping container

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fluent sketching

 I love Fluent. Since the release of the latest version it feels more...well..fluent. That said, I still need to better understand the fixin...