Wednesday 5 February 2014

Material world


So it came time to apply textures. Hmm nodes. Super. It's going to take months to get my head around all the available node types, what each of them does, when to use it, how to use it. Last night I did the following playing around. 

First Node-based materials.

Not yet ultra-realistic, but I can see how you build up the levels/nodes.


Tonight I joined Blend Swap and downloaded a couple of the material libraries. Some of the node based materials use tens of nodes. Bonkers level of complexity. I can see the attraction though. The level of fine tuning and the nuance it allows you to add is very impressive. Creating textures is quite addictive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fluent sketching

 I love Fluent. Since the release of the latest version it feels more...well..fluent. That said, I still need to better understand the fixin...